A frequent request from clients is to change the background color to distinguish between environments. This post is specific to the EnterpriseOne 9.1 Tools Release.
1. Locate the webguistylesheet.jsp file here:
2. Make a backup copy of the file before making any changes.
3. Load the file into Notepad++ or any other editor that massages carriage returns correctly (don’t use Windows notepad).
4. Locate the following styles and change the background-color to a color of your choice. Choose a color that is non-intrusive. See http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colornames.asp for a list of standard CSS colors. You can pick different colors for these elements, but it is a good idea to keep them the same for a common look and feel.
5. Add the following style to the end of the file:
background-color: lightBlue; /* or color of your choice */
6. Add a comment to the top of the file. This comment will be used to verify if the latest version of the file is being rendered by the browser. For example:
/* aellius: make sure this shows up. Version: 1.0 */
7. Stop the WebLogic or WebSphere server. This is required to clear the cache. For WebLogic server, this file may be cached in a temporary file. The cache needs to be cleared manually when the server is down. To do that, follow these steps:
- Locate the tmp folder here:
- Rename the tmp folder. You cannot rename the folder if the WebLogic domain is running. This folder will be recreated when you start the server
8. To change the logo displayed on the first screen, change the logo_E900.png or logo_E910.png.
9. Start the web server.
10. Clear the cache on the web browser or type Ctrl + F5 to force the browser to discard the cache. E1 apps are launched in a separate frame. If you use Ctrl+F5, you should do that on the app frame as well (click any control in an app and do Ctrl+F5).
11. Verify that the latest version of the file is being rendered. Use the following URL to browse to the file:
If you are using IE, the file will download and display in notepad. Verify that the comment you placed in the previous step is displayed.
That’s it. You are good to go! Here is a screenshot of a customized E1 web client.
May 18, 2015 at 2:11 AM
hi, is this correct coding ?
background-color: #DC143C; /* needed for portals */
wondering the preceeding one is .menuAndFastPathContainer or div#menuAndFastPathContainer or #menuAndFastPathContainer
May 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM
If the div is declared like this:
If the div is declared like this:
May 18, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Sorry, HTML in comments are not showing up.
div#menuAndFastPathContainer: div declaration is like this: div id=”menuAndFastPathContainer”
.menuAndFastPathContainer: div declaration is like this: div class=”menuAndFastPathContainer”
May 13, 2015 at 8:10 PM
hi, may i know what would be the code in order to change the area below the navigation menu which is dark blue color …
April 27, 2015 at 11:51 PM
hi, will this work on E910 TR 188.8.131.52 ?
By the time i stop the weblogic service in jas server, are there any individual instance for PY, PD and etc so that i can just stop particular environment? Because user just wanted to change PY only..and expect no downtime for PD if i stop the weblogic service..
April 28, 2015 at 8:03 AM
You need to restart the weblogic managedserver only for that environment. If you have multiple managed severs (i.e. with different ports) on that physical server, only the managed server that runs PY needs to be restarted. This will not affect downtime for PD.